At 1 in 3 Cancer Support we know just how difficult it is to deal with just the simple day to day tasks. That’s why 1 in 3 Cancer Support provide many ways of assisting people.
- Simple pick me ups are few and far between but if you know someone who just needs one, sometimes something as simple as a bunch of flowers can go a long way. We can send a bunch to someone who deserves it.
- Sometimes just managing to clean the house while you or someone close to you is undergoing treatment seems impossible. We can provide financial support for a temporary cleaner.
- Maybe just having a chat with someone that can listen is what you need. We can part cover the cost of counselling.
Whatever it is 1 in 3 Cancer Support can assist. If you are in or around Carrickfergus / North East Antrim and would like some support- or want to tell us of someone who does, please contact us.
How Does It Work?
- Once you nominate someone, we may make contact with you to find out a few more details before making contact with the person you are nominating. This allows us to understand a little bit more about their situation.
- We then make initial contact with the Nominee via an introductory letter, a leaflet, an assessment form and often with a pick-me-up such as a bunch of flowers, a plant or a beauty voucher.
- When we receive an assessment form back from the person who has been nominated, we use the information provided to us to help us decide the services that we can offer.
- We then contact the person who has been nominated to advise how we can help and provide them with details about how to access the services provided by our service partners.
Please note that eligibility criteria apply. We can only provide support to those currently dealing with cancer, their carers / family (only when resident in the same household). We can only assist those resident in the BT36-BT40 postal code areas of Northern Ireland.